Saturday, March 14, 2009

IGR Drill 14-Mar-2009

I ended up assisting in presenting part of a lesson to the 3rd BDE at drill today concerning the Phonetic Alphabet and its proper use, reasons for use in communications, and a little background about what Vigo County ARES does.

I had the opportunity to talk about how Vigo County ARES has been involved with the local EMA and Red Cross chapters in the past two years. I also passed on some of the knowledge I learned from a few of the training sessions we have been involved in with the EMA concerning earthquake preparedness and the role of ICS in helping to give relief to the affected area.

Anyone who is interested in getting into amateur radio can see the links I have posted on the upper left hand side of this page. Those of you who are in the know, let me know if you have any other web sites that may help someone who is interested in getting into our great "hobby".

No comments:

WVARA News and Information

Storm Prediction Center Tornado/Severe Thunderstorm Watches

National Hurricane Center (Atlantic)

Vigo County ARES

Powered By Blogger